It is sodium bicarbonate, which is known in particular as a raising agent in baked goods.
Baking soda reacts with acid to form bubbles and release gaseous carbon dioxide, which causes the dough to rise.
Besides household chemicals, soda is a cheaper way to clean your home.
We point out many different ways to use soda.
Health And Beauty
- Deodorant - Mix 5 tablespoons coconut oil, 4 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch, 1 tablespoon soda and, if desired, essential oil. To use, rub the mixture on the skin.
- Insect bites and bee stings - To relieve itching, make a thick paste with water and baking soda. Apply the paste to the bite site.
- Chickenpox - To relieve itching, add a cup of baking soda to lukewarm bath water.
- Dandruff To combat this, massage your wet scalp with a cup of baking soda. The dandruff should disappear within two weeks.
- Facial scrub - To exfoliate the skin, make a paste using 1 part baking soda, 2 parts ground oatmeal and water. Rub the face gently with the paste, leave on for a few minutes and then rinse. The result is smooth and soft facial skin.
- Feet - Add 3 tablespoons of baking soda to a warm water bath to relieve sore feet.
- Hair - To keep your hair healthy, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to the conditioner
- Heartburn - To relieve heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of soda with a glass of water and drink in small sips.
- Leather - To exfoliate the skin, make a paste using 3 parts baking soda and one part water. Apply gently to the skin in a circular motion and rinse
- Leather - To soften the skin, add 1 cup of baking soda to your bath water.
- Nasal congestion - Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the evaporator for cleaning.
- Sunburn - Make a thin paste of water and soda to relieve pain. Apply gently on burned area.
- Sunburn - To relieve pain, go to a cup of baking soda in lukewarm bath water. Air dry.
- Teeth to whiten, mix a teaspoon of baking soda with 1 crushed strawberry. Apply the mixture to the teeth and leave it on for 5 minutes. Brush your teeth and rinse.
- Bath balls - You can also make bath balls with home-made products, which soften the skin thanks to soda. See more detailed recipe from here.
- Baking powder - Mix 1 part baking soda and 1 part citric acid to make a baking powder.
- Kala - To reduce the smell of fish, soak the raw fish in 2 cups of water and ¼ a cup of baking soda. Keep the fish in this refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Fruits and vegetables - To clean the fruit bought in the store, wash it with water mixed with a cup of baking soda. Soda removes pesticides and other toxic chemicals from fruits and vegetables.
- liha - To soften, rub the meat with soda and let stand in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Rinse the meat before cooking.
- Microwave cleaning - Place the microwave oven container with hot water and a cup of soda solution. Let the microwave work for 2-3 minutes. Wipe the oven dry with paper.
- Coffee machine - Add baking soda to a cup of water for cleaning. Drain the coffee machine and rinse once again with clean water.
- Coffee stains on cups - Sprinkle with baking soda and pour in hot water. Wait until the water has cooled down. When scrubbing, the stains now come off more easily.
- Dishwasher - For cleaning and disinfection, shake 1 cup of baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher and run the machine on a hot water cycle. Then leave the door open for a few hours to allow it to dry.
- Dishwasher - Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the dishwasher for a cleaner and brighter dish.
- Food storage containers - To remove odors from the plastic boxes, shake the baking soda and put the lid on. Count to 24-48
hours to stand. Rinse the boxes.
- Hands - Wash your hands with baking soda to remove odors from your hands.
- Ahi - To clean the oven, mix 1 tbsp warm water and 1 tbsp baking soda. Clean the oven with this mixture and rinse.
- Pots and pans - To remove burnt food from the bottom of the pot, fill the pot with water and a cup of baking soda. Boil for 10-15 minutes and wash clean.
- Pots and pans - Clean the pan with baking soda to remove grease.
- Refrigerator - Prepare a cleaning solution using 4 cups of water and ¼ cups of baking soda to wash the refrigerator and remove odor.
- Removing odor from the refrigerator - Put an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator to remove odors.
- Stove - Make a paste of baking soda and water to clean the stove. Transfer the mixture to a hob and clean. Rinse with clean water.
- Combs and brushes - For cleaning, soak them in a solution made of 4 cups of hot water and ½ cups of baking soda. Soak for 1-2 hours, then rinse clean.
- Blockages - Remove as much standing water as possible to remove the blockage. Pour 1 cup baking soda into the drain and then 1 cup vinegar. Let it do its magic for 10-15 minutes and then let the heat flow for a few more minutes.
- Shower curtains - To clean and remove mold, soak them in warm water with baking soda. Soak the curtains overnight, rinse and hang to dry.
- Sinks, baths and showers - For cleaning, mix ¼ cups of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. Use it as a regular cleaning paste.
- Toilet - To clean and absorb the odors, add a cup of baking soda to the bowl and let it stand for an hour. Clean the pot with a toilet brush and rinse.
- Laundry detergent - Soda removes unpleasant odors from the laundry and softens laundry and water.
- Weight - Add 1/4 cup to the laundry to increase the detergency of the detergent and to lighten the clothes.
- Air freshener - To make an air freshener, mix baking soda with a few drops of essential oil in a cup. Place the mixture in a small bowl.
- carpets - To clean carpets, sprinkle baking soda on it. Let stand overnight, then vacuum off the soda.
- Floors - To clean the floors, dissolve baking soda in a bucket of warm water.
- Trash cans - Make a thin paste of baking soda and water for cleaning. Clean the trash and rinse.
- Trash cans - To remove bad odors from the trash, put a small container of soda in the trash.
- Shoes - Make a paste of baking soda and water for cleaning. Rub the paste on the shoe with a clean cloth. Rinse.
- Silver - To clean the smooth silver, place the silver in a container covered with foil, pour enough boiling water into the container to cover the silver and add 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda. Let stand for 1-2 hours. Rinse and polish with a clean dry cloth.
- Concrete - To remove grease, sprinkle on the stain and scrub with a hard bristle brush. Rinse clean, repeat if necessary.
- Grills - To clean, shake baking soda on a damp brush, scrub, leave to stand for 24 hours and rinse.
- Sidewalks - Sprinkle baking soda on the ice to remove ice.
- Flowers - To keep the cut flowers fresh, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water
- Weed - Sprinkle soda in places where you do not want weeds to form. For example, the distance between the paving slabs.
General cleaning agent
For convenient use, make a general soda cleaner ready for your spray bottle.
Mix for this
- 500ml of water
- 1 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 tablespoon undiluted vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soda
It is convenient to apply the product from the spray bottle to the dirty surface and do not have to mix it up before cleaning.
From the spray bottle, you can conveniently have an air freshener as needed. You can make an air freshener with exactly the scent you want by adding a pleasant aroma oil.
For the air freshener, pour into the spray bottle:
- 500ml of water
- 1 tablespoons soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- a few drops of aromatic oil
Surely everyone has now found some new tips on how to use soda in their household.
If you have run out of soda at home, you can buy it from us.
Baking soda 0,5kg
Baking soda 25kg