The fire extinguisher must be regularly inspected and maintained to ensure that it is serviceable and in working order.
Ferex OÜ performs inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers in the Alve store in Pärnu. Did you know that fire extinguishers need to be tested at regular intervals to check their reliability.
We check fire extinguishers based on the manufacturer's maintenance instructions, the standard of the Republic of Estonia EVS 933: 2017 and the corresponding regulation of the Minister of the Interior.
The control period for the fire extinguisher is as follows:
1 YEAR - Fire extinguishers located in the car, vehicle or outdoors (places where exposure to vibration, temperature fluctuations or humidity may occur)
2 YEARS - Fire extinguishers located indoors
The following operations are performed during the inspection of the fire extinguisher:
- checking the legibility of the label and updating the label if necessary
- visual inspection of the trigger, valve and seal
- checking the operation of the pressure gauge or measuring the pressure
- in the case of a carbon dioxide extinguisher, the checkweighing of the fire extinguisher
- in the case of a powder extinguisher, checking the flowability of the extinguishing powder
- hose inspection
- external observation of the body
- checking the compliance of the fire extinguisher with the requirements
If the fire extinguisher passes the inspection, a corresponding inspection sticker shall be affixed to it stating the date of the next inspection. If it is found that the fire extinguisher submitted for regular inspection needs maintenance in addition to the usual inspection or has other defects, we will inform the customer and, with his or her consent, the necessary maintenance work will be performed on the fire extinguisher.